Tuesday, August 28, 2012

BASKETBALL ADDICTION

Basketball, a sport formulated by Dr. James Naismith that today became one of the famous sports in whole wide world.
When we talked about basketball a name rises to the discussion and it is Michael Jordan.
The man said to be the greatest player ever worn a pair of shoes on the basketball court.

In the Philippines, basketball is more than just a sport...it's a religion.
A religion in a sense, that every street in the country has a basketball court...even in the street's most
hidden alley has one. 
Every Filipino knows how to play it even a 5 year old kid knows it. Every Filipino basketball enthusiast 
dreams of being a professional basketball player. Unfortunately, when every raise was blessed with enormous heights like Americans the Filipinos were absent. Hence, dreaming to be in the pro is like reaching for the stars. So for those, talented yet limited in height they still exile in basketball leagues like Barangay cups, or even to provincial leagues but that's how far an ordinary player could get (not all, look at the Flying A!).

Since I'm a below average player (humble effect..hahaha)...It's hard for me to reach that far. Still I love the sport..why I love it?...
Well..funny thing is, despite the fact that I'm going know where with this sport..when I'm playing it..it give me hope that I'll still be able to reach Pro..nah!..

Seriously, basketball is my medicine for every stress that I would encounter outside the court. Stresses that relates to my field of work, family and the likes.

Every weekend afternoon all I'm waiting is when the time points at 3, when this happen it's ball time!.
by the time I'm suiting up for the game, goodbye problems!...goodbye stress!...Hello happiness!...Hakuna Matata!.


To be continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments..Thanks!